Unstress your Mojo!
That’s right…we all know it…we all experience it…we all have caused it and we will always have it in our lives. It’s a scary but true realization that stress is part of us and that we must deal with it or it will deal with us.
Although stress is such a part of the human experience it doesn’t always have to be negative and can be dealt with in many ways. Multitudes of books have been written on stress-relief and many more presentations and programs have focused on minimizing stress in our lives.
When that “internal compass” that guides our moods and behaviors is stressed, our lives and relationships more easily spin out of control – or at least they seem like they are out of control. This can lead to a whole host of problems – both emotionally and physically. Although there are loads of things one can do to help with stress, I’ve summarized a few very simple things here that I think really help with controlling that nasty mojo we all know as stress!
(1) Chill – make conscious decisions NOT to escalate into an angry state.
(2) No Gulping – taking deep slow breaths always helps ease tension. Gulping breaths create it!
(3) S L O W D O W N – Speak more slowly than usual. This will cause more clear thoughts and reduce stress.
(4) Change It Up – A change of scenery or getting a breath of fresh air always helps.
(5) Don’t get parched – Avoiding dehydration as well as eating right can ease stress tremendously.
(6) AT – TEN – TION! – Believe it or not, our posture has a lot to do with stress – Don’t slouch!
(7) Recharge – At the end of EVERY day you need to recharge doing something that relaxes you.
These are just some simple tips to help you deal with your stress levels. You can hear more about each of these tips by listening to the motivational mojo podcast – Episode 4 which can be found on iTunes or at : motivationalmojo.mypodcast.com/index.html
Have a GREAT day!!